The CARA 38w Turtle LED Light emits 1,738 lumens and operates at 585-595 NM. It is an excellent choice for both turtle-friendly compliance and security systems requiring monochromatic amber light. Typical applications include new or HID replacement lighting for recreation facilities, shopping centers, campuses, medical facilities, and commercial locations. This energy-efficient fixture comes with a variety of mounting options. Most notably, this fixture features an outstanding 429,000 hours rated life.
CARA 38w Turtle-Friendly Light: LED, Lens, and Performance
The 38w LED array emits 1,738 lumens. Its LED array has an aluminum board with copper tracings to increase the fixture’s lifespan while decreasing lumen depreciation. The array is custom engineered specifically to ensure maximum heat dissipation.
Electronic 1-10v dimmable drivers are standard and easily accessed for driver maintenance. If you don’t need to use this feature, simply have your electrician use the standard wiring (also included).
The lens has a mechanically applied gasket that creates a dependable seal and ensures the fixture’s IP66 rating. The fixture comes with a tempered clear glass lens that provides maximum light output. Alternately, choose the flat prismatic lens option for diffused light. Learn more about lenses at Access Fixtures Prismatic Lenses vs. Clear Glass Lenses.
CARA 38w Turtle LED Light Housing and Mounting
The CARA 38w Turtle LED light’s slimline housing is the second component of the IP66 seal. It also serves as the fixture’s heat sink.
The fixture housing and door frame are both die-cast aluminum. The 100% copper-free alloy contains no recycled content—recycled aluminum tends to degrade due to accumulated impurities. Screws are mounted from the top to preserve the streamlined architectural finish. The nickel-plated stainless steel hardware prevents seizing.
The fixture is 11.75″ x 9.5″ x 3.63″ and weighs 11 lbs. The mounting options are as follows:
- Direct Square Mounting Arm (AF33XKH25A)
- Easy-Hang Wall Bracket (AF33XKHEH)
- Slip Fitter Mount for 2 3/8″ Tenon (AF33XFL73SFX)
- Steel Yoke Mount (AF33XKH25Y)
- Two-Piece Swivel Bracket (AF33XFL73BR)
Mounting brackets have bronze powder coat finishes. Choose mounting heights from 10 to 20 feet to provide ideal light levels and uniformity. Our team can also help you navigate EPA ratings, wind loads, and weight restrictions, if applicable. For exacting lighting requirements, request a photometric report for your layout. For details or to discuss your specific project, call an Access Fixtures lighting specialist at 800-468-9925.
Ratings, Listing, and Features for CARA 38w Turtle LED Light
CARA 38w Turtle and Wildlife Friendly Area Light 120-277v comes with:
- Virtually maintenance-free LEDs L70 rated at 429,000 hours. Longer life equals better performance and less downtime. Save money on lamp replacements and save time on repairs.
- Electronic driver, 120-277V, 50/60Hz; dimmable driver
- Lens sealed to an IP66 rating: Water or weather projected in powerful jets against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- CSA: listed for wet locations, ANSI/UL 1598, 8750
- Warranty to operate at temperatures between -40°F and 122°F
- Automatically detects voltages between 120v and 277v
Options for CARA 38w Turtle and Wildlife Friendly Area Light 120-277v – EXTREME LIFE
This energy-efficient, amber CARA 38w turtle LED fixture will upgrade your outdoor lighting, save on energy costs, and safeguard turtles and other wildlife. It is easy to customize your fixture. Options include:
- Clear flat prismatic glass lens
- Custom mounts listed above.
- Surge protection safeguards fixtures from lightning strikes and other sudden jolts of electricity.
- Custom RAL color to coordinate area lights with your environment or brand.
Please contact Access Fixtures for information about photocells or motion sensors for this fixture.
The CARA 38w Turtle and Wildlife Friendly Area Light 120-277v fixture comes with a 5-year warranty.
Ready to Order CARA 38w Turtle LED Lights? Call Us Today!
To discuss custom options and quantity pricing, call an Access Fixtures lighting specialist at 800-468-9925.